If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity a highly technical Senior Application Developer looking to for a new creative challenge in fast-paced area of Application Development.
As a member of the AppDev team, you are expected to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management. You are methodical, have excellent communication and time management skills.
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Interprets technical design and specifications, writes code, and assists in development of new applications and products and enhancements to existing applications and products.
- Performs thorough unit testing to verify the accuracy and quality of all software developed. This may include preparation of sample test data, execution of programs and job streams, and system integration testing.
- Designs or modifies applications to accomplish functions in compliance with the Software Development Life Cycle framework
- Performs all software development functions to accomplish specific application solution requirements
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Identifies risks and options and makes recommendations.
- Promotes code and supports setup of multiple test environments.
- Exhibits best practices in source code management software use
- Supports, troubleshoots and debugs coding defects identified during quality assurance and business partner validation.
- Adheres to all quality standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with project team members, including external and offshore partners, during development process.
- Supports preparation and implementation of software releases into the production environment.
- Contributes to project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of multiple programming languages and related development tools.
- Provides timely and accurate project status reporting.
Knowledge and experience with several of the following technologies:
- 5+ years' experience in JAVA development
- 2+ years' experience with AgencyPort development
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- strong and effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to minute detail and quality
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- strong problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
- Java Script
- XSD Schema
- Web Services/REST Service
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- JAVA DEVELOPER
- agency poral
- duck creek
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.