job summary: Randstad Technologies
is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer (Automation)
to work remotely. In this role you will participate / contribute to definition of software development plans. Explore new opportunities and technology solutions, manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members. Additionally, you will be responsible for small-to-mid sized project management and consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
location: Knoxville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Collaborate with internal / external Customers, Process Automation Engineers and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures & define / assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments. Including planning, scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary....across multiple platforms / technologies, including but not limited to .NET (C#, Web Services) , JAVA Script, SharePoint, SQL Server, XML, HTML5, EDI.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines & train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install / deploy software products for end users as required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.