One of the world's leading data companies is growing our Cloud Operations team and we're looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Cloud is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges. Please respond quicky as this needs to move quickly!
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Work closely with our InfoSec COE team and AppSec teams as the primary operations resource (POC) for all security related topics
- Proactively identify and remediate security risks introduced by the cloud platforms, or as flagged by vulnerability scanning software
- Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our cloud platforms. Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and FedRAMP is highly desirable.
- Ability to dive deep into software configurations and logs to recommend security-based improvements
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new features.
- Ensure that solutions are engineered with operational efficiency and security in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process
- Work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing and monitoring of our platform and network. Coordinate any necessary fixes both with the operations and engineering teams
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE & Operational functions, such as observability and maintenance of productions systems
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SRE (3 years of experience is required)
- DevOps (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.