Our Major Financial Client is seeking a Splunk Automation Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent discipline
- Coding experience using python 2 and 3 and familiarity between the two versions.
- Experience delivering automation solutions using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar automation tools.
- Experience using DevOps workflows for a Tools team.
- AWS, CI/CD, GIT, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS resources).
- Solid experience in emerging and cutting-edge technologies such as: Scala/Java/Python, REST, JSON, Jenkins/Maven, Ansible and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Experience working with AWS particularly as Infrastructure as Code in the form of CFTs.
- Experience of Linux with scripting knowledge.
- Experience with Splunk at an Enterprise level using DR, multi-site, both indexer and search head clustering, and SmartStore
- Knowledge and how-to for maintaining both Splunk Enterprise Security and IT Service Intelligence.
- Experience upgrading Splunk Core, ES, ITSI, and UFs along with supporting add-ons.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
We are looking for an individual who can help us upgrade all Splunk's components. This includes Splunk Core, ITSI, ES, DBX, all UFs on a variety of OS, and all supporting addons/apps. As the migration from 7.X to 8.X requires all Splunk processes to transition from the use of python 2 to python 3, this job will require strong coding experience with python. It will be expected that all custom developed python scripts, APIs, and other processes be uplifted to python 3. The upgrade procedure will be automated where possible and use a variety of automation tools depending on use case including but not limited to BladeLogic, Ansible, SCCM, and CFT/Bootstrap. Development will follow a DevOps model and strong reliance on CI/CD using Git as a repository.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.