The Tax Accountant is responsible for compliance and planning for all transaction taxes; including but not limited to sales/use, property, fuel and excise taxes for all companies within the affiliated group. The position oversees and evaluates all transaction tax filings and manages the ongoing transaction tax projects and third party providers. Maintains and implements transaction tax policies and procedures with the guidance of the Senior Manager of Tax, Director of Tax and corporate Controller.
location: IRVING, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Review purchase and sales activity to identify taxable and non-taxable transactions, allowable deductions and exemptions and any allowable credits
- Evaluate property rolls and prepare tax renditions for the various jurisdictions in which the companies operate
- Identify cost-saving and profit maximization opportunities
- Prepare and analyze transaction tax account reconciliations
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual transaction tax (sales and use) filings
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and procedures
- Recommend appropriate systems and software to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Review approve reconciliation worksheets in Hyperion (HFM) from company subsidiaries; to include fixed asset disposition and acquisitions, apportionment subsidiary data, property tax, and sales and use tax data.
- Prepare and review monthly asset based lending reports related to indirect tax.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Accounting/Finance (4 years of experience is required)
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Tax filings
- Microsoft Word
- Thomson Reuters suite
- SAGE fixed asset accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.