Organizational Data Management Team is responsible for mastering the Organizational data like Admin Hierarchy, Functional Hierarchy, and Cross-functional hierarchy data. The services within this team are serving data to all of JWN channels including Full Line, Off-price, Trunk Club, and HauteLook websites. ORG MDM is a tier-1 service and servers more than 70 plus internal consumers. The data is severed through Restful Apis, Kafka streams, and data extracts. We support a vast variety of increasingly complex use cases in a fast-paced environment.
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability are at the level of outlining work beyond the scope of a single unit. This level will support splitting larger designs into work units and capable of undertaking as well as mentoring other engineers across a wide spectrum of activities as needed.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with other leads and engineers and finishing a feature from design to delivery.
- Provide mentoring to other developers and engineers on best engineering practices.
- Should be able to articulate and architecture a well-designed system.
- Identifies design improvements and also makes recommendations to close gaps and build alignment.
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices.
- Understands application integration, event driven architecture and integrating multiple microservices.
- Collaborates, design, develop and implement software utilizing an agile project cycle. Ensures quality of software and acts as gatekeeper of change control.
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to Work with product management, operation and other business partners to deliver data driven processes and solutions
- Review other team members along with her user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Participate in design and code review of the team to ensure quality and testability of feature code.
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively and impose them for team.
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- API Development
- Distributed Computing
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Linux Engineer
- Java (6 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.