The Senior Systems Architect applies broad, in-depth knowledge of customer needs, industry requirements and multiple technologies to specify, architect, integrate and debug IoT system for products. This position leads others to work across a range of engineering disciplines to complete requirements and tradeoff analysis, develop algorithms, review system design, and conducts system integration.
location: Pella, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors. Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization's strategies and objectives to drive key business results. Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Design a complete and complex framework, system (e.g. embedded, cloud, web) or product.
3. Perform trade-off analysis for design approaches.
4. Identify customer needs and translates these into detailed system requirements.
5. Analyze system security, product safety and resolves system design weaknesses.
6. Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams to transform user needs into a complete description of software system requirements aligned against program schedule and milestones.
7. Influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
8. Lead the definition, analysis and allocation of requirements across the various engineering areas, along with developing system-level testing approaches and procedures.
9. Create wireframes, workflow diagrams, and other visualizations to communicate technical concepts to stakeholders as well as software engineers.
10. Write formal, detailed software requirements from product requirements and software development plans.
11. Evaluate how to improve system and processes within assigned area and ensure that the team works efficiently to achieve goals.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- systems architecture
- web developer
- cloud developer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.