Our in-house Design System Studio is seeking a Senior UX Product Designer with a specific focus
on Design System component design and delivery, with extensive Visual Design and Brand
experience. This position defines components and standards to be used in application product
design for commercial B2B products.
You identify as a UX Product Designer, and specialize in design systems, component libraries,
visual design, and brand identity. You have established experience working with UX patterns and
UI standards that are used to create web applications for commercial banking. You enjoy the
challenges of creating and maintaining a mature design system, and responsive UX product
development, and working with others in a primarily collaborative atmosphere.
We're a diverse group of passionate UX people, and we're looking for the same qualities in you:
? Work well with a variety of people, flexible, resilient, proactive communicative partner
? Able to get out from behind your screen to work with others, reach out, respond, and
communicate with cross-functional UX practice areas, including Development and QA
? Naturally adaptable, organized thinker, and problem solver
? Expert time management and ability to 100% deliver on time work, such as iterative
comps, prototypes, and redline specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce excellent hands-on visual design work, file setup, documentation specs, process
tools, and deliverables that adhere to established and evolving design system
components, accessibility, and UX guidelines and standards
- Align with Design System Manager, Brand Stewards, and product teams regarding vision
and project strategies
- Develop and sustain long-term, positive relationships across the organization that aid
your ability to research and/or share design strategies, concepts and feedback
- Serve as a Design System SME to peers: field questions, research requirements, and
collect feedback on component designs
- Support evolution of processes and methods within Design System
- Create web-based, CSS-friendly animation experience, particularly micro-interactions
and choreography that enliven interfaces and add ease of use to complex flows
- Attend team and project meetings as required, providing strong Visual Design and Brand
presence and advocacy within cross-functional teams
- 7+ years demonstrated visual design UX experience, with online portfolio of relevant
work creating scalable, front-end design systems in angular, react, bootstrap, etc,
including applicable file work, specificiations, design comps, and iterations.
- 7+ years of experience applying creative vision through all phases of design, from
concept to development, including work with technology during these phases
- Experience designing with Accessibility compliance standards, and best UI practices.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional project teams, in an agile, iterative
design and development process.
- Expert fluency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Mac OS, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiarity with front-end mechanics, and HTML/CSS mechanics as they apply to
responsive design, especially using responsive grid.
- A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
- Humble confidence, and grace under pressure
- Creative and intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, and commitment to collaboration
- Be curious and inclusive of others' ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or college-degree equivalent
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Product Design (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.