Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Data Visualization Platform Engineer for a contract role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Hillsboro, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Position Summary:
This is an engineering role with primary accountability for supporting the Tableau / Data Visualization product and Metric Insights platform
for the Enterprise Platforms team. This role will work closely with the other platform engineers, the operations team(s), the vendor, the product teams, and others to ensure the enterprise is provided with a stable, secure, flexible, high-performance environment that supports BI, analytics, dashboarding, reporting, and visualization needs. Responsibilities:
- Working with existing platform engineers and support teams to maintain the Tableau platform; installation, configuration, administration, patches, server job scheduling, etc
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot all aspects of Tableau environment which includes data, application, and web tiers in AWS and/or Azure.
- Plan and execute upgrade and migration of DataViz (Tableau, Metric Insights, etc) environments as new versions, fix packs, bug fixes are released - during scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Lead root cause analysis efforts for operational Tableau issues; resolve them independently or with other members within the platform team.
- Own the relationship with the production support team, on and offshore, to ensure platforms have 24/7 L1 support; create documentation and runbooks for operational tasks.
- Set up monitoring and alerting and other tools on the Tableau server
- Manage ticket creation process with Tableau and other vendors; provide regular communication on status and help drive issues to completion
- Manage and execute all ongoing platform improvement efforts: selecting, installing, configuring, making best use of a performance management tool; authoring and executing an ongoing plan to optimize performance / response times against cost (and other factors)
- Assisting with Product/Program team efforts to provide a high-value, efficient, positive customer onboarding experience.
- Work directly with Tableau customer/site admin teams to coordinate planning and execution of platform activities.
- 5+ Years supporting or managing enterprise platforms and applications
- 3+ Years supporting or managing BI applications
- 3+ Windows server experience
- 2+ Years with Tableau
- 1+ Years experience supporting applications in a cloud environment
- 1+ years supporting a community of at least 200 developers and users
- Expertise in the design, platform support, and development of large-scale integrated enterprise wide BI and Data solutions
- Experience in Configuring and Troubleshooting monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience doing platform upgrades, patching, bug fixes
- Experience handling and communicating in both scheduled and unscheduled outages for items like patch release management, Integrated security management, Access Management, Active Directory, other large-scale enterprise tools.
- Preferred - experience with Airflow, Autosys, Docker, Dev-ops tools, chef, Jenkins, ServiceNow, New Relic, Virtual Machines, Windows, Linux, Azure, and AWS
- Experience in reading and writing all Tableau server logs to trouble shoot and understand issues
- Partner with product vendor to troubleshoot and resolve product defects
- Experience with providing platform support for large scale Tableau or other BI server implementations
- Flexibility to work with offshore team to establish more robust procedures and runbooks for priority business critical issues
- Data source configuration, management, and optimization
- General project management / organizational skills
- Experience with backup, data recovery, and service restoration management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Application engineering
- windows servers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.