job summary: Requisition : Database Developer / Architect Description:
Client is looking for a highly a qualified database developer / architect for an exciting opportunity at a US federal agency to support a greenfield application development effort. Candidates should have demonstrated ability to understand the landscape and the purpose of the applications that requires a database background and contribute at all levels of the application development life cycle. Successful candidates should possess a broad perspective on technology, and knowledge on current database technology trends and be able to work comfortably within the SecDevOps and agile frameworks. In addition candidates should be self-motivated and have greenfield application development experience Requirements :
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or related field from an accredited university.
- (5Y) Experience with MS SQL Server, with SQL development, triggers and stored procedures. Optionally Oracle RDBMS
- (5Y) Experience database architecture and administration
- (5Y) Experience with data warehouse data structures as well as NoSQL architecture
- (5Y) Experience with nontraditional data types such as JSON
- (2Y) Database API Development
- (2Y) Experience with federal guidelines security controls implementation (FIPS, NIST), as well as data encryption standards.
- (1Y) Working knowledge of Node.JS, Angular.JS
- (1Y) Working knowledge of Docker and containerization concepts.
- Candidates should hold or be able to obtain secret clearance.
location: Vienna, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Recommend, design and maintain a database system suitable to support the overall application. This includes traditional RDBMS as well as data warehouse data structures and NoSQL databases
- Recommend best practices in database architecture DBMS and NoSQL
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to discern and collect requirements from disparate data sources as well as other team member and customers.
- Develop implementation, operations and maintenance plans
- Work within a SecDevOps and agile application development team and act as a team player
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- MS SQL Server
- API Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.