A well known financial institution in Northern NJ is looking for an IT Release Manager to join their growing team! The IT Release Manager will own the planning and coordination of all phases and activities in the release of a system or system update. This position brings excellent opportunity for growth and exposure within all levels of the organization. Develop strong business relationships throughout the company footprint. Are you the next IT Release Manager? Reach out today with your updated resume for immediate consideration!
location: Wayne, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Traditional Release Methodology:
- Participate in upfront release planning to understand the roadmap, strategy, priority and potential conflicts related to the planned release.
- Plan and maintain a Release Calendar for the in-scope systems, and provide proactive communications and general calendar visibility to engaged parties.
- Coordinate the use of shared Dev, Test and Training environments to avoid code change or database conflicts that may impact or invalidate testing.
- Review release acceptance criteria prior to testing.
- Provide management status updates on release progress.
- Proactively communicate release to Production plans to avoid conflicts.
- Drive Production Readiness or Go / No-Go decisions.
- Announce releases to the affected/interested Valley community.
- DevOps Methodology:
- Ensure that the above responsibilities/tasks are accomplished via automated processes where possible.
- Audit/monitor the automated process to validate results and effectiveness.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Continually work on improving the Release process as applied to traditional, waterfall, Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- RELEASE MANAGEMENT (3 years of experience is preferred)
- RELEASE MANAGER (3 years of experience is preferred)
- IT Project Manager (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Scrum Master (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Product Demonstrator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.