Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Principal Solutions Architect for a contract role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Hillsboro, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $95 - 99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join our Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing the technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable our organization on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Principal Analytics Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and in driving solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success of?the business through innovations in technology.
A person in this role will be responsible for leading opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development and deployment of advanced analytic tools and methods within the Enterprise Architecture organization.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage through innovative solutions. Responsibilities:
Requirements for the Position include:
- Evangelize break through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and Data Science
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural plan across multiple solution areas, in consideration of the product roadmaps
- Participate in design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage.
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
- 3+ years in technology architect roles
- 5+ years providing technical leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
- 7+ years in hands-on data or analytics engineering
- strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
- Experience with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
- Working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Solutions Architect
- Data Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.