Client is hiring a Mid-Level Software Developer in Gaithersburg, Maryland, as part of a team of database and application development professionals. This work involves development and maintenance of various enterprise systems for data collection from various channels, data enrichment, ETL, efficient search, information retrieval and analytical systems. This person will play a significant role in implementing, adopting and evaluating technologies developed both in-house and by others.
The software developer will be part of a compact agile software development team that pushes the boundaries of technology that can help address the ever growing and demanding needs of a government customer. With millions of consumer data available for law enforcement users, provide quick, advanced search features with information retrieval techniques that finds critical information by linking various entities together, surfaces relevant results in near real-time, apply data quality techniques, and integrate machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence techniques. We also analyze and report on consumer data frequent basis by dissecting and surfacing critical, new insights to data analysts and stakeholders. It is important that all team members are flexible and able to contribute outside of their primary expertise, so we are looking for someone who will be open to multiple responsibilities. As part of the team, the developer will need to:
Required Education & Experience:
- Be a good team player and be able to give and take critical feedback on work products
- Be prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand
- Be coachable and open to self-discovery and professional improvement
- Be quality-conscious and carry a sense of pride in their work
- Have interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication to demonstrate product, services to business, customer and non-technical team
- Work smart and hard for the program's success
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or other science discipline
- 3+ years of full-time professional experience in Java/J2EE software development
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP, REST web services, data contract with JSON, XML.
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservices etc.)
- Design, develop and deliver software components for production systems in agile sprint schedule.
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, continuous integration)
- Working knowledge of typical development tools in both Windows and Linux environments
- Maintain and operate the deployed code, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $41 - 51 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The successful candidate will design, develop and test software, primarily using Java/J2EE, Python, Apache Solr, Spark and SQL in both Windows and Linux environments, having primary responsibility for development, maintenance, enhancement and operations of the government program. The job may also involve development in one or more of: .Net, C#, Python, R, Tableau, and may also work in SQL databases in Windows or Linux. Software designs are documented, reviewed in enterprise design review board. Automated unit tests are routinely developed and maintained as the software evolves. Where necessary, user documentation is generated or updated to reflect changes in the software functionality. Documentation, code and unit tests are routinely subjected to peer review. Be part of configuration management team to critically review deliverables by self and others. Occasional interaction with on-site customer representatives will be part of the job.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- J2EE CONSULTANT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.