Randstad is looking for an experienced Mechanical/Manufacturing Project Manager for a 6 month contract position (potential to extend or convert permanent). The client is in the Medical Device industry and is located in Carlsbad, CA. Please see below for more details. Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5+ years of related experience
location: Carlsbad, California
job type: Contract
salary: $1 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Formulates the program/project plan, in accordance with the goals and timing, set by management.
- The plan includes resources, costs, risk assessment and quality aspects.
- Leads execution of the program/project, in line with the plan. This includes creation of the project team, monitoring progress, managing stakeholders and resources. Gives guidance to employees, both technically and organizationally.
- Controls the program/project budget and progress, evaluates all initiatives as to feasibility, costs/benefits and added value, takes corrective actions when necessary and generates adequate reporting.
- To keep abreast of business/technical developments in the relevant fields through literature, technical contacts and competition.
- Reports on team members' performance to the hierarchical superior of the employee for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training.
- Ensures Quality both in the project results as well as business processes.
- Supports continuous improvement of relevant Business Processes.
- Leads more complex industrial projects.
- Manages own project team as a part of a larger project.
- Accent on realization of parts of a main process.
- Clearly defined local projects
- Experience level:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.