job summary: Summary:
Client is looking for a successful Data Quality & Testing Analyst to support our Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) initiatives focused on our team's capabilities around data quality, data analytics and end-to-end and user acceptance testing. This role will collaborate with the business line and technology groups.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 54 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include:
- Effectively work in matrixed team of Data Quality Analysts/Data Scientists in support of the development, end to end testing and delivery of the EDG's capabilities to address a specific business and/or regulatory need.
- Research and build a detailed understanding of the problem and related data assets in order to code the data processing and analysis.
- Light development coding
- Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
- Work with technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of the data sources.
- Apply data visualization and summarization techniques to the analytical results.
- Interpret and communicate the results in a manner that is understood by the business.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years related technical experience and 3+ years analytical experience in the Banking/Financial industry or similar highly regulated industry.
- SQL, end to end Testing and Python experience
- Proficiency with SQL, SAS and Python with focus on data analysis packages like pandas
- Experience participating in end-to-end and User acceptance testing and/ or Post Production validation of the data
- Knowledge of Spark and relational databases
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms.
- Intermediate knowledge of application coding and development lifecycle.
- Analytical: (e.g. comfortable with data) and can combine an understanding of business objectives, customer needs, and data required to deliver customer experience and business results.
- Intermediate knowledge of data governance, data management, data architecture, data modelling concepts and data governance tooling and the complexities of data in a large financial and/or highly regulated institution.
- Willingness to continuously develop and acquire new technical skills, learn new tools & programming languages and Big Data techniques.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability for analyzing, slicing and dicing data while deriving significant insights.
- Natural curiosity and self-directed ability to seek out information and meet goals/deadlines.
- Agile experience: Very comfortable following Agile Scrum methodology.
Analysis, and on-going support of internally developed processes to support business initiatives. Automation of processes using existing tool set, including Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Excel Services, Performance Point, and PowerPivot). Analysis and query writing to assist in supporting key business initiatives. COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
This position requires good oral and written communication skills to interface with internal business clients - many having minimal technical knowledge. Ability to translate business requests into technical requirements. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Ability to write transact-sql code to extract correct data to answer business questions. SQL Development experience. Extensive experience with creating reports using Microsoft Sql Server Reporting Services. ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE: use and construction of Microsoft Sql Server Analysis Services; Sharepoint (using the BI Stack). strong attention to detail for validation of all queries constructed. Ability to visualize data into a form that effectively answers the business question.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.