Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineering
The Software Engineer at client will have the chance to influence the decisions of our new organization. Software Engineers within the team are trusted to own major parts of the codebase, and we expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with support from your peers.
Software Engineers at will help develop our consumer facing experiences with Typescript, React, and C# (.NET Core). We are continuously adding automation to ease the process for testing and deploying code to our live applications powered by Google Cloud Platform.
We believe that both a high-quality team and high-quality code are critical pieces of our mission. You will be responsible for end-to-end development of our customer facing experience and features. You will work closely with our Product and Design team to implement the UX and Visual Design details that separate how members used to think about the healthcare industry versus how they will.
You will get the opportunity to work on our Consumer Experience Engineering Team, which maintains our consumer facing applications like authorbyhumana.com (Gatsby/Typescript) and my.authorbyhumana.com (React/Typescript).These applications provide a full suite of member health tools, information, and data visualizations. We'll also be working on mobile apps and other products for our members in the near future!
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer with a focus on front end development
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in at least one of the following languages: TypeScript with React, Angular, or Vue, and Node.js
- strong understanding of Git workflows and ability to rebase and resolve merge conflicts with ease
- strong understanding of CSS or CSS-in-JS solutions like styled-components
- Understanding of web bundling, transpilation, pre-rendering, and server-side rendering
- BA/BS in Computer Science or any STEM field
- Experience with DevOps tooling and Agile software development
- Skill and practice with developing RESTful APIs, especially with C# and .NET Core
- You take pride in your test coverage, and have used tools such as Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, or Chai
- Experience with secure web development practices
- Hands-on development with cloud services, especially Google Cloud Platform
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure
- Familiarity with developing web pages against common accessibility guidelines like WCAG
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- front end developer
- TypeScript with React
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.