Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 69 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
3D Generalist and Environment Designer, 5G Lab
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
* 3-5 years as a Environment Artist or 3D generalist with a portfolio of work
* Mastery of Maya or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer, and Substance Painter
* Proficiency with building for gaming engines like Unity or Unreal
* Demonstrated ability to teach oneself new 3D engines and software packages
* Ability to design environments within strict brand guidelines and identify new opportunities to continue to develop and extend a brand
* Experience creating highly optimized but also realistic 3D environments (for browser based experiences)
* Experience with end to end environment creation, including lighting and rendering.
* Solid understanding of composition, establishing shots, and spatial layout to maximize easy movement.
* Solid understanding of the relationship between rendering and performance and ability to both make trade-offs and find creative solves for supporting the highest fidelity possible in highly constrained environments
* Ability to make an environment look stellar with many constraints
* Ability to work iteratively and collaborate with other designers, developers, and product managers.
DESIRED SKILLS: * Experience working with developers using AFrame.js, three.js
* Experience working in game design
* Light 2D design skills
* An interest in product design / understanding of broader design principles such that the candidate thinks holistically about how 2D and 3D UI and interactive elements, and user flows all come together to form a holistic user experience.
* Experience as a technical artist writing custom shaders
* Experience with rigging is a huge plus
* Experience with animation / key framing
* An understanding of performance and trade offs of shader types and other tooling
* Comfort with / understanding of WebGL (2.0)
JOB DUTIES: As a member of the 5G Lab team, you'll be focused on creating 3D designs which will help the Lab develop a stronger digital presence, both internally and externally.
Lab is on the forefront of cutting-edge technology and as a 3D designer, you will be a core member of the team who will help bring this work to life.
In this role, you'll be responsible for executing day-to-day design projects related to the 5G Lab's presence.
Activities may include developing branded 3D environments from scratch, maintaining and updating existing 3D environments, making small tweaks to assets, creating easy to navigate level designs, baked and dynamic lighting, managing environment maps and textures, optimizing for tris, managing our asset pipeline, and advising the team on best practices for 3D web environments in collaboration with product and engineering.
We are a small and agile team, so you will be responsible for end to end 3D environment development, with the exception of help from our prop modeler.
* BFA in 3D Art and Design, or equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience.
This is a full-time contract position for six months, based out of the New York City 5G Lab when it is safe to go back into the office. There will be plenty of notice when it is time to go back into the office and the position will be remote until that time. Weekend work may be needed but with rare exception, in order to meet project delivery timelines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- 3D generalist
- Substance Designer
- Graphic Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.