Our client, a global leader in automotive manufacturing, is in need of a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the quality division. The Quality Assurance Engineer, under supervision of Quality Assurance supervisor and Quality Assurance Group Manager, will be responsible for establishing quality guidelines for all planned and manufactured accessories developed under engineering and quality guidelines.
location: Fountain Valley, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Coordinate quality guidelines and work closely with development Engineers from planning, prototyping, pre-production and production of products. Develop Quality launch plan and coordinate with suppliers. Review and confirm adequate completion of PPAP samples and ensure PPAP documents meet required quality and Engineering specifications prior to submission to customers. Follow up on submitted PPAP's from H/KMA PQ to ensure timely approval of accessories. Issue approved PSW to supplier, MPA team members Update log book and PPAP files. (30%)
- Attend design/fitment reviews of accessories and ensure all open issues are closed prior to PPAP submission. Define and establish market-focused quality targets for assigned accessories in New Accessory Forms. Process and submit New Accessory Forms within 3 days of receipt. Update QA Project log book every week and QA Manager on all ongoing QA Projects. (30%)
- Identify product quality issues in the market by reviewing warranty claims data and other established means. Investigate and determine need and responsibility for corrective action, initiate corrective action request (RCA) and confirm effective resolution. Maintain and update RCA log book. (20%)
- Develop quality assurance plans with assigned suppliers to assure compliance with all quality requirements and design specifications. Outline and report on completion status, open issues, action plans and make recommendations to the core team and Manager of quality assurance at planned milestones. Update and make sure the Accessory Launch Plan is current. Attend design/fitment reviews of accessories and ensure open issues are closed prior to PPAP submission. (10%)
- Audit new and current candidate supplier quality systems per MPA quality system requirements. Evaluate supplier capability in meeting MPA quality targets. Issue Audit report within one week after audit. Follow up audit RCA to assure affectivity of corrective action plans. Update Supplier Audit Log book. (10%)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.