Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced Application Programmer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. This person will responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving production incidents and problems on critical applications. The candidate must understand the application development lifecycle including analysis, design, testing, and production validation. Required Skills:
- 3+ years' work experience as an incident/problem analyst and application administrator
- System monitoring and alert management
- Incident investigation skills and methodology
- Intermediate skills with standard desktop tools including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), and ticket management applications (Service Now or similar applications)
- Proficient skills using SQL Queries
- Experience with IBM MQ, Microfocus, Control M, VB6, DB2
- Experience in the railroad industry
location: KANSAS CITY, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The candidate will be asked to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents and problems for critical applications.
- The candidate must have skillsets that support incident analysis using common investigation methodologies, application logs, application tracing, data analysis, and SQL queries.
- They will need advanced communication skills to work with subject matter experts during incidents in crisis mode.
- The candidate must understand the application development lifecycle including analysis, design, testing, and production validation.
- May interact with users to define system requirements and in support of user acceptance testing.
- This role involves on-call support during non-business hours and holidays on a rotational basis.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Incident Analyst (3 years of experience is required)
- Application Administrator (3 years of experience is required)
- SQL Queries (1 year of experience is required)
- Microfocus (1 year of experience is preferred)
- VB6 (1 year of experience is preferred)
- IMB MQ (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.