Sr. Application Developer
job summary: Description: Summary:
- The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions.
- The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
- The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
- The Senior Application Developer develops and supports backend solutions.
- The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale e-commerce projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
- The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $62.72 - 72.72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Areas of Responsibility:
Other Responsibilities: Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to client coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
- 7 years in application development, or 5 years client Application Development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, RESTful Web Services, Mongo DB
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and programming techniques.
- Experience with SOLR and/or Elastic Search, Python, Spark
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, logistic
- regression) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience in Linux & Windows platform
- Working Experience with Azure/Kubernetes
- Expertise in MongoDB and Azure DevOps
- Ability to perform effective code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the team
- Ability to think through performance requirements for a system
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-
- solving skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.