We are looking for a Google Cloud Solution Architect to join our client virtually in Northern, NJ. The GCP Solution Architect serves as the expert in GCP systems architecture, undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The Solution Architect makes decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues, understanding business requirements, and ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency. They will work directly with stakeholders and team members to define, design and delivery GCP projects while working with enterprise architects in an agile environment. The GCP Solution Architect will provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive analytic technologies and solving unique and complex problems.
location: Livingston, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $70.00 - 82.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understand the strategic direction as it relates to overall GCP strategy.
- Demonstrates a solid conceptual and business understanding of the GCP platform, as well as related and peripheral components.
- Capable of efficiently making changes to the GCP platform which may impact other organizational functions.
- Able to quickly and accurately discuss the impact of new technology, applications and design criteria on the GCP platform.
- Knowledgeable of the major business units which use the GCP platform and able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions and how they fit into the platform in an easily understood manner.
- Consults on the GCP reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, reusable patterns, practices and serves as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Develops the design of highly complex architectural solutions involving multiple logical and/or physical dimensions. Oversee the production and present documentation for these components.
- Provides technology oversight for a large or complex project and communicates with project managers and other stakeholders during the process. Supports team with feasibility and high-level project estimation. Scope projected work for high complexity projects and forecast the need for resources.
- Maintains awareness of current complex architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Recommends when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
- Ensures that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained.
- Applies expertise to ensure appropriate resources are engaged in projects and provide architectural guidance across all relevant disciplines.
- Lead GCP solution delivery engagements, along with consultants and client teams for a successful delivery of GCP solutions.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, "as is" and "to be" scenarios
- Assess the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation
- Create & evolve data & analytics technology roadmap, to align with continuously evolving business needs including overall architecture, capabilities, platforms, tools & governing processes
- Create, maintain & communicate positioning/go-forward strategies for data & analytic capabilities
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Hands-on experience with GCP services using GCP Console
- Infrastructure (Server, Storage, and Database) discovery, design, build, and migration experience
- Experience in any of Messaging platforms (Kafka, PubSub, MuleSoft, etc. )
- Experience in Terraform or Cloud Deployment Manager
- Experience in Kubernetes and Microservices on GCP
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management, especially in Big Data trends
- Experience integrating GCP or 3rd party KMS, HSM with GCP data services for building secure data solutions
- Know your way around Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL, BigQuery
- Technical/Team Leadership Experience
- Personnel Development Experience (hiring, resource planning, performance feedback, etc.)
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- GCP (3 years of experience is required)
- Software Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.