Our Major Financial Client is seeking a Senior Developer. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 8 - 12 years of experience developing software applications, including experience with each of the following:
- Great understanding of software engineering principles - design, development and operations
- Day to day hands-on as a full stack developer - Java, Python, Web Application Frameworks and AWS
- Experience building resilient and scalable software that is easily portable to various computing infrastructures - on-prem, cloud
- Sound communication skill and team-working spirit Preferred skills:
- Motivate, teach and train other team members
- Experience in financial industry a plus
- Exposure to quantitative finance and high-performance computing a plus
- Exposure to Big Data technologies a plus
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS) a plus
location: McLean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design, develop and support systems within the financial modeling and research area.
- Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
- Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
- Assist with application development and modifying and/or maintaining applications; Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
- Assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications. Other duties as assigned.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.