job summary: Position Description
* Portfolio required
The AIUX team humanizes Google's advanced R&D programs. Our team explores, prototypes, and inspires ambitious new products that are driven by emerging tech and launch over the next 4 years.
As a Communication Designer on AIUX, you will lean on visual and motion skills to develop, support, and evangelize future-forward concepts internally and externally. By embracing strategic and creative thinking, beautiful design and precise execution, you will create delightfully intuitive experiences that will define and further AIUX's brand and initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing projects independently and working with key stakeholders across AIUX, including PgM, UX Design, UX Engineering, and UX Research. You will help deliver rich experiences in communicating concepts and initiatives.
With an eye for detail and exceptional sense for clean design, you are a fierce advocate for the user and are committed to creating elegantly simple ways to storytell concepts. You are a design leader and systems-level design thinker with strong instincts and outstanding intuition. Beyond expertly executing our brand vision, you also take the time to understand the business impact as well. We'd love to see your work and learn more about you.
- Champion and evolve the AIUX brand across internal and external projects to ensure easy-to-follow, consistent application of the brand across touchpoints (including websites, presentations, storyboards, and more)
- Steward the AIUX brand across our multiple partner relationships to ensure flawless implementation and brand excellence
- Storytell through marketing materials & presentation design to mobilize stakeholders strategically around efforts
- 2+ years of industry experience, with portfolio to show.
- Experience designing and producing on-brand visual marketing materials across a range of media
- Expert knowledge of design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Expert knowledge of motion tools (e.g. AfterEffects, Lottie, or similar)
- strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to listen, articulate positions, interpret feedback, and advocate for design
- Experience managing stakeholders and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and manage projects with minimal supervision
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 49 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Regularly evangelize AIUX news and announcements with high-quality, on-brand assets
- Create sketches, illustrations, and animations for visually articulating future-facing interactions and prototypes
- Create visual / animated prototypes that help articulate more future-forward interactions
- Work with developers to create polished animations for any appropriate launches
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.