Our client is looking for a Java Engineer that will be responsible for new development on an enterprise application. Ideal candidates for this role will have experience developing in Java as well as working with NoSQL databases. This team is currently working with functional programming language F# but is moving to Java. Your main goals are to:
- Power company's inventory system, handling billions of events daily.
- Maximize on-site availability while minimizing reject rates due to lack of inventory.
- Give more insight to our marketing and operations teams via more historical data and improved analytics.
Nice to Have:
- Top-notch programming skills, with an interest in functional programming languages.
- Solid understanding of designing, developing and supporting large scale, cloud based distributed systems.
- Exposure to event based and asynchronous processing.
- Operational excellence and testing skills.
- Someone who values automation. We don't like solving the same problem manually over and over.
- Experience working with distributed databases (Cosmos/Cassanda/etc)
- Fluent in a few programming languages, functional, dynamic and static.
- Solid understanding of how to use data structures to solve problems optimally.
- Good understanding of event-driven systems.
- Experience with Apache Kafka or similar streaming platform.
- Understands DevOps: how to support large scale distributed systems, how to prioritize and escalate issues.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $58.96 - 75.20 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Unify inventory management responsibilities currently spread across multiple systems and teams.
- Debug production issues with other teams across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.