job summary: Tell me about your department:
Enterprise Pricing. We handle the management, publishing, and execution of pricing and offers that power the stores and website. The management applications have UI components that are used my merchants to set-up their prices and offers. The pricing publishing and services applications have batch processes and real-time request components. The services are responsible for tracking price changes and applying promotions and marketing messages in different contexts. The rules around how offers are applied in the different contexts can become quite complex. We follow an agile development process that would fall somewhere between scrum and kanban.
Looking for a self-driven BSA with the ability to take ownership of writing and being the engineering point of contact throughout development. Once product, engineering lead, and BSA have aligned on the feature the expectation is that the BSA is the primary "business" point of contact for developers as they take the story through completion. The BSA is empowered to make decisions, but also needs to understand when to reach out for additional clarity. The Business Systems analyst could cover multiple different processes and applications from sprint to sprint.
location: RICHFIELD, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 62 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Partner with product manager and business users to understand their needs
- Lead and/or participate in defining and documenting detailed system requirements. E.g. data mapping and transformation rules, system processing flows, translating business logic executable steps, etc
- Assist with defining, reviewing and executing system tests to ensure that requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure that project requirements are aligned across teams and meet the program goals.
- Understand all requirements, impact analysis, user stories and/or use cases.
- Assist in managing the release cycle.
- Manage requirements that are typically stored on a wiki, although we do a large amount of white boarding and discussions around requirements and system feature design. What would a normal day for this position look like?
- The BSA sits with the development team and interacts with the developers and QA on a daily basis. What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
1. Must be able to function in a dynamic and collaborative environment with frequent changes.
2. Must be able to retain and understand system design and business rules.
3. Must understand complex systems and be able to translate them into logical capabilities, functions and processes (abstract thinking).
4. Must clearly communicate requirements' vision (what and why) and specifications (how) to various audiences, including internal technical, business, clients and external partners.
5. Must have information management experience within a business or customer domain, including documentation in forums such as Wikis, etc.
6. Must have data analysis experience understanding movement, transformation and translation of data between systems.
7. Must be self-directed, requiring minimal direction to problem solve and drive solutions and clearly communicate to project managers and stakeholders.
8. Must have strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking and presentation capabilities/skills.
9. Must be able to work in a face-paced environment, quickly delivering high-value and thorough contributions.
10. Preferred experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.). What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- REST or other web services experience.
- Jira boards
- General understanding of queue system and databases
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.