As a Director of Software Architecture
at , you will work closely with the VP of Architecture & DevOps to drive the Architectural best practices and lead the execution and strategy of the Architectural Roadmap.
You will be critical in coaching and mentoring new leaders in the architectural team and in leading the strategy and execution of the Architectural roadmap. For this position, we are looking for strong leadership capabilities and a solid grasp of architectural concepts and best practices.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Why this job is important
As a Director of Software Architecture, a typical day might include:
- The Architecture & DevOps team is a new and rapidly growing team focused on the design and health of the products. To support that growth, we need a strong technical leader to help organize and guide the team.
- Our organization has an extensive collection of products that need to interact seamlessly for our new internal initiative to be a success. To do so will require the coordination of multiple architects and effective prioritization of a stability and performance backlog.
- Coaching and mentoring Architects and Development Managers on how to influence individuals within and outside of their team.
- Guiding the team in continuing to define and refine architectural principles and best practices.
- Collaborating with the VP of Architecture & DevOps on the prioritization and execution of the roadmap for stability & performance.
- Coaching Architects on how to document and communicate architectural designs and strategy
- Leading weekly team collaboration meetings.
- Collaborating with leadership teams in making strategic decisions on architecture strategy, team priorities, and team structure.
- Representing our organization at industry conferences, symposiums, and standards bodies.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices across various teams and disciplines
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
- Software Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.