job summary: Job Overview:
This position is responsible for managing part of IT infrastructure projects related to data center migrations. This individual will provide oversight for projects to upgrade/ move core data center infrastructure and compute into a virtual environment. This person will work closely with both IT Infrastructure and Application teams as well as Business functional teams. Partner inside Information Technology to identify project deliverables, develop project scope and manage resources and activities to ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget while delighting our customers. Identify project risks and set timelines to meet customer expectations.
- Manage multiple projects, with interdependencies in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- High energy attitude with a desire to 'Get Stuff Done'
- Utilizing project management best practices and aligning with Client's PMO methodology, work inside project teams to review scope of work and create project plans.
- Schedule recurring internal and customer facing meetings as needed during project implementation to review and monitor project goals and status.
- Work closely with PMO, Procurement, DC, Hosting, Network and Client Services teams to ensure an accurate and efficient delivery.
- Influence effectively between the Business Owners, Project Managers (PMs), and Operations Teams to support delivery, risk mitigation, change management, and issue resolution
- Effectively manage and lead the successful delivery of the Infrastructure projects and requests from within various phases of delivery, across the entire lifecycle of Delivery within project timeline and budget.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Partners closely with Infrastructure Teams, understanding their plans and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules, works with team to maintain / update schedules, integrates project plans into other release schedules and works with teams to resolve discrepancies among schedules and availability conflicts with resources
- Very strong understanding of current infrastructure concepts with the proven ability to implement servers, VMware, SANs, networks, data centers and monitoring in a fast paced, high availability, ITIL environment. Ability to get the respect of the senior technical teams to lead projects, coordinate teams and handle issues and problems effectively in a timely manner.
- Manages deliverable estimation process, resource allocation and efficient utilization; negotiates resource conflicts with other project managers or resources managers as appropriate.
- Reports accurate status and process delivery monitoring through the phases of the Solution Delivery Management process
- Provides effective day-to-day project management of multiple IT infrastructure related projects
- Represents team recommendations to Senior Management, demonstrate influence over governance bodies, and communicate effectively via formal presentations.
- Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders.
- Collect and report value metrics to enable leaders to make decisions in order to maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs
- Ability to quickly learn and use new complex technical concepts and resolve issues with them in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to discuss complex technical concepts to the technical staff, stakeholders and business executives in a simple straightforward manner.
- Provides ongoing status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution.
- Leads issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation. Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a Bachelors or Master's degree and 8-10 years of experience.
- BA, BS or Master's degree required (in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline is a plus)
- 3-6+ years of experience in managing IT infrastructure projects
- Experience managing IT infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of some: Microsoft Active Directory, O365, SQL servers, Windows servers and clients, Windows OS Upgrades, NAS/SAN Storage, Data networking, Oracle, ERP, Wireless, Enterprise releases, Cloud, Cisco, Security, VMWare; is a plus.
- Proven experience in managing multiple, concurrent, technical projects
- Understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Experience delivering iterative solutions using standard project management methodologies
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced IT resources
- PMP/PMI or equivalent certifications, strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organization levels
- Experience at working both independently and in a cross functional team-oriented environment is essential
- Ability to assess and deliver appropriate level of detail and comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of technology concepts, trends, and capabilities
- Has an ability to understand people and technologies with the ability to know what questions to ask to guide someone through solving a problem (without knowing the subject matter)
- Be communicative and social, assertive and enthusiastic
- Must be able to facilitate discussion and discover alternatives or different approaches
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.