job summary: Description:
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Required Skills:
- Must be self-motivated, and ability to work independently, Fast learner, Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to think like an architect, produce high quality code.Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
- Use TDD and ATDD, using Cucumber-Jvm, ScalaTest.
- Must be able to build REST services from the ground up.
- Technologies: Scala 2.11, Http4s, Play2, Akka, Kafka, ELK, Scalaz, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Service (Lambda, S3, Kinesis, SQS).
- strong in OOP & Functional paradigm Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, engineering, management information systems or combination of education and equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Scala.
- strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira) Position Comments:
- Team Lead (Bagga) and Workstream (AI & Discovery)
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $74 - 84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts along with regular development. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Agile Methodology
- Scrum Master
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.