The Infrastructure Automation Engineer will work with multiple teams to build infrastructure tooling and automations as an enabler of organizational agility, including the installation, integration, and management of cloud agnostic toolsets. The incumbent develops and utilizes deployment and process automation capabilities (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure processes are defined, repeatable, scalable, and able to be disseminated on-premise and in the cloud.
location: West Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of "infrastructure as code" and the management of network and security infrastructure, automated server deployments and an understanding of DevSecOps tool chains and integrations.
- Working knowledge in one or more technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, Python, Kubernetes, Azure, VMWare, Windows and Linux.
- strong customer service orientation.
- strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- strong interpersonal skills.
- Takes initiative; is highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
- Minimal to no travel is required for this position.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- ansible (7 years of experience is preferred)
- terraform (7 years of experience is preferred)
- Azure (2 years of experience is preferred)
- cloud (4 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.