Our client has a 12+ month contract opportunity for a GIS Analyst
in Auburn, CA.
This role will be onsite with occasional travel to offices throughout Placer County, or be in field testing GIS applications.
There most likely will not be any telecommuting. Typical Day will include:
Preferred Skills/Qualifications Ability to:
- Maintaining and administering ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Developing and maintaining ArcGIS Sites.
- Utilizing GeoEvent to track the location of PCSO patrol units and possibly patrol personnel.
- Creating and maintaining Dashboards for Dispatch and Patrol.
- Maintaining and providing frequent updates to data housed in the organization's Enterprise Geodatabase.
- Managing users, groups, and content within ArcGIS Portal.
- Utilizing methods and procedures to correct errors in GIS data used for locating and routing 911 calls for service.
- Work with county personnel from various departments to maintain datasets used by the Sheriff's Office
- Participating in video conference meetings with vendors to troubleshoot settings and GIS System Errors involving Records Management Systems, Computer-Aided Dispatch, and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Generates reports on geographic data used by the department.
- Utilizes geoprocessing services, reporting and display tools.
ArcGIS Enterprise Experience:
- Perform complex analytical, tabular, and spatial queries
- Integrate and analyze disparate spatial and tabular databases
- Learn, design, implement and maintain GIS databases and related hardware and software technology solutions
- Communicate technical information to a wide variety of users
- Portal (Minimum version Experience 10.7.1)
- ArcGIS Online
- Spatial Temporal Data Store
- ArcGIS Online (AGOL)
- Arc Pro
- Arc Map
- Survey 123
- Python Scripting (ArcGIS)
location: Auburn, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with project leads and customers analyzing their needs and determining which GIS solution, scripting or application will solve their business need.
- Design and make modifications to database structures, files, and tables.
- Create and edit geospatial data using GPS and digitizing techniques; creates and edits maps, integrating a range of data formats, and once trained updating geospatial data in applications.
- Utilize mapping tools and programs including ESRI-based GIS software and its applications, and related programing languages.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.