We have an immediate need for a Sr. IT Business Analyst for a 6+ month contract opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
Below are some of the qualifications we are seeking:
- 8+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst (this is a senior role)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Some of the attributes that will add to your success in this role is being albe to self manage, work independantly along with working collaborately, energetic, and outgoing
- Experience providing user stories and coaching to define business-driven acceptance criteria and test cases
- Experience Driving process definition, integration requirements, re-engineering, improvements and gap analysis with recommendations (pros, cons and risks) of current/future state processes during workshops with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Has functioned as the liason between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems
- Documentation development such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities (RACI's) and meeting notes
- Effective writing and communication skills with good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Data analysis using proven business analytical tools for decision making.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suits (not only limited to Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Advance knowledge in ServiceNow, JIRA, and Confluence.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Driving process definition, integration requirements, re-engineering, improvements and gap analysis with recommendations (pros, cons and risks) of current/future state processes during workshops with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Developing documentations such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities (RACI's) and meeting notes.
- Liaison with Product Owners and Developers to define epic/user stories, prioritize product backlog, reduce work-in-process to deliver faster business value.
- Work with Product Owner to develop business cases for building prototypes, Proof of Concepts (PoC) or Minimum Viable product (MVP), as required.
- Proactively identify, assess and manage risks, as the first line of defense.
- Perform solution administration and maintenance including management of application security, creation of user profiles, granting user access and coordinating system changes as needed.
- Collect, measure, and report quality metrics and work with management to continuously refine metrics.
- Responsible for keeping all the analysis and testing related documents up to date throughout the project lifecycle and as well as post implementation
- Work closely with the project manager to prioritizes deliverables, establishes and monitors the project plan and communicates the status with all stakeholders
- Design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
- Review system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions
- Act as a liaison between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems
- Evaluate new IT development and evolving business requirements, and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- strong understanding of agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Able to demonstrate agile behaviors that emphasizes collaboration, delivery, reflection, continuous improvement, and deliver internal trainings on new features to end users.
- Able to participate and facilitate relevant Agile activities: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-ups, Release Planning, Demos, Sprint Planning and Reviews, and Retrospectives.
- Responsible for providing user stories and coaching to define business-driven acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Work with the project manager to estimate total effort (planning, design, development, documentation, implementation, etc.) to deliver project sprints and release cycles.
- Previously worked in a fast-paced environment with little direction necessary.
- Working effectively remote, across multiple time zones.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on a variety of competing tasks.
- Able to interpret business objectives and prepares, presents and build consensus on solution options and scope
- Adept in communicating complex business and technical concepts with the business users, development team and management
- Able to see effects of current design with future requirements and possible impact both within and outside the applicatio
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Agile Methodology
- process flow diagrams
- gap analysis reports
- develop business cases
- User stories
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.