Randstad is looking to hire an experienced Senior Business Solutions Analyst for a client in the Utilities Industry. This position will start off remote and is a 9 month contract to hire posiiton. The client is seeking an experienced business analyst who will specifically focus on projects that are being initiated to comply with emerging state laws and regulations. This person needs to be able to be able to synthesize orders put forth in filed regulatory documents and be able to decompose the changes into testable and unambiguous business and functional requirements for developers to design and build the solution. The candidate should be comfortable engaging cross functional business teams to discover requirements and communicate them clearly. Skills Required:
- Ability to conduct independent research on current state system functionality in preparation for requirement elicitation.
- Ability to write clear and testable Project Requirements Documents using the client's prescribed templates.
- 9-10+ years of professional experience related to customer operations of regulated public utilities in the role of a Business Analyst. Working general exposure to Customer Service processes - rates, billing, establishing service, credit and collections etc.
- Understanding of regulatory principles and state or federal energy regulations applicable to investor-owned public utilities or other regulated industries.
location: Westwood, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Requirement elicitation: Facilitate meetings and workshops, create a shared understanding with stakeholders, and engage team members to gather and understand requirements.
- Requirement analysis: Collaborate with stakeholders and product teams to decompose business requirements into system requirements.
- Requirements documentation - Preparation and management of requirements in a Requirements document and HP ALM.
- Test Case review- consult with IT QA to review test cases for completeness.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.