job summary: User Experience Writer About the job
As a User Experience Writer, you are an advocate for user experience, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text and other supporting communications that help users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates product content that is natural and conversational and brings the heart, soul, and right tone at the right time to the overall user experience. You communicate directly with the people using our products.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create empathetic communications, and intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, and accessibility professionals who are passionate about accessibility, quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. We believe that if we focus on the user, all else will follow.
- Use writing and editing skills to write conversational UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience with our products.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives; Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; identify opportunities, establish priorities, secure resources, and manage stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers; Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing, brand voice and tone, and content strategy throughout the product development process.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex product suites.
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (without formal authority) engineering, design and product management teams.
- Conversational A.I., scriptwriting, and character writing is a huge plus..
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Use writing and editing skills to write conversational UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and marketing materials and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- UI/UX (4 years of experience is required)
- Product Writer (4 years of experience is required)
- Conversational UI Text (4 years of experience is required)
- UX/UI Writer (4 years of experience is required)
- Figma (4 years of experience is required)
- Sketch (4 years of experience is required)
- Design Team (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.