Our client located in Jacksonville, FL has immediate openings for a highly motivated Sr. Reports Developer
to join their dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will be full of enthuasim and drive. The client is open to 100% remote resources, with the ability to work EST hours. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Report Developer Senior
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical report analysts. Recommends or establishes reporting standards. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of financial analysis, information systems development or systems analysis experience. Reports complex data from multiple sources. Develops requirements from users, retrieves required data, designs report, develops and disseminates reports. Maintains accuracy and integrity of supporting database information. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, compiles, analyzes and reports various operational data from multiple sources, including unit production, productivity, and/or quality statistics.
- Meets with the user of the report, determines the requirements, understands where the data is located and designs the process to retrieve the data.
- Creates queries and reports through the use of reporting tools to create efficiencies within the department.
- Extracts information from databases in a variety of different formats such as DBIV, csv, txt, .xls, XML, FW, .sas, .rtf, etc.
- Converts and stores data from these sources into back end databases such as SQL and Access.
- Creates and maintains databases using data from multiple sources.
- Interfaces between raw data sources and front end reporting services using table linking, embedding, import/export and file conversion techniques.
- Produces and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, etc.
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Leads and/or participates in department projects as assigned.
- Researches questions related to report information and calculations.
- Audits questionable report information.
- May develop applications to be used by other departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. MS Access database experience including SQL query building, table linking, form and report design, VBA and macros is required. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of One Call's products and services is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, organization, team, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to handle numerous responsibilities with little direction
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work well independently
- Willingly shares relevant technical knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Advanced SQL
- Data transformation
- Experience in large data warehouse environments
- Reporting automation
- Advanced data visualization
- Dashboard development
- SSRS and/or Tableau
- Experience working with large data sets from multiple sources
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.