Sr. Telecom Technician
job summary: Description: PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Telecom Technician provides voice communications technical support to Client Headquarters and modifies repairs and conducts preventive maintenance on internal/in-house telecommunications equipment and related systems. Assist in the development of new internal programs or modifications of current systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
- 2 - 4 years' related experience.
- Experience of technical telephony troubleshooting required.
- Telecommunications certificate preferred.
- Working knowledge of Avaya PBX/Key systems required.
- Personnel management/development courses or equivalent experience.
- strong organizational skills.
- strong PC skills, experience in Microsoft office.
- Project management experience.
location: Tyler, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support with respect to telecommunications for all Client locations, including ordering, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Designs and configures voice communication systems, programs Avaya PBX systems and administers voice mail to support user requirements.
- Consults with and advises other department managers and/or directors throughout the country in the use and utilization of all voice systems, services and technologies.
- Performs and coordinates moves, adds and changes as required.
- Executes system upgrades, maintain appropriate inventory to support the user base, performs system backups on a regular schedule and performs preventative maintenance.
- Provides customer training of the telecommunication features and functionality.
- Analyzes test data and recommends hardware or software to purchase.
- Troubleshoots and resolves repair issues and follows the proper escalation procedure to minimize downtime.
- Installs and supports IP Soft Phone, VOIP and other voice applications.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Telephony troubleshooting
- Avaya PBX
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.