job summary: Overall Responsibilities:
- Plan, write, publish, and maintain high-quality technical documentation aimed at internal engineering audiences
- Work with PMs and UX researchers to identify critical user journeys and design information architectures that help customers through those journeys
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation needs, and spearhead efforts to fill in gaps and improve coverage and quality
- Collaborate with engineers, PMs, T/PgMs, and UX specialists located in multiple locations, including SVL, NYC and ZRH
- Occasionally help edit other written collateral, such as product roadmaps, newsletters, job postings, academic publications, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in English or CS
- 4-5 years experience in developing, structuring, and designing content that is concise and clear
- Ability to research, develop and test content independently
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and delivers results
- Adept at establishing relationships and alliances with engineering teams
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Good understanding of markup languages such as HTML, Markdown
- Knowledge of SQL and C++ is highly desirable, and experience with SQL scripting a major plus
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Edit content submitted by engineers to conform to our TW style.
- Create and publish new content for discrete projects.
- Review content submitted by engineers.
- Meet with engineers/PgMs to help address documentation questions for discrete projects
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.