Sr. RHEL System Engineer
Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced RHEL System Engineer for an exciting opportunity in Kansas City, MO. This person will be recognized within the organization as a functional expert with specialized depth and/or breadth of knowledge. Works independently, with guidance only in the most complex situations. Solves complex problems; identifies new solutions using a broad perspective and understanding. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, including specialized knowledge of a discipline utilized to lead an area of our business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert level Linux skills and knowledge
- Experience integrating Linux and Active Directory
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leads and facilitates design and implementation of tools and processes to deploy applications through system environments.
- Administers system configuration changes related to application ecosystems.
- Collaborates with development, infrastructure and database teams to bring new applications, features and services to production.
- Assists our development teams with continuous delivery through automated deployment, provisioning and configuration of our enterprise applications and environments.
- Configures domain and application services, such as repository services and integration services.
- Leads root cause determination of critical incidents and problem management activities
- Leads remediation efforts for security vulnerabilities on Linux systems
- Detects, triages and resolves system and performance issues by application of effective monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Participates in on-call support rotation and handles incident resolution and documentation
- Administers and supports tools related to management of source code, configurations, builds, deployments and releases.
- Provides production administration and support for enterprise software systems and platforms, escalating to appropriate resources as necessary.
- Develops and documents operational procedures for ongoing support, installation, upgrades, and customizations.
- Provides process expertise for system upgrades, application integration initiatives and projects.
- Communicates complex technical structures in an understandable, user friendly format.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- RHEL (7 years of experience is required)
- Azure Cloud (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.