job summary: Gameplay Engineer needed for Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
Our content engineering team is a team of skilled generalists, and our mandate is to bring the vision of our content creators to life in ways that are stable, scalable, performant and re-usable. The focus of the role will be on implementation of both high-level gameplay systems and specific gameplay experiences in a combination of C++ and Lua.
Candidates should expect to work across a range of technologies to fit the needs of the team - and all candidates should be comfortable diving into and working in lower-level engine code in order to debug any problems that might arise during day to day development. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, and will need to have both solid technical and communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Proven ability of successful interaction with creative disciplines
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in C++
- Comfort working with large complex codebases
- Ability to execute feature requests within a highly constrained environment
- Willingness to dig into the details of complex problems
- Experience with modern game engines and technologies
- Experience with Lua or similar scripting systems
- History of successful feature execution in a legacy environment
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $41 - 51 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with designers and level artists to iterate daily on gameplay experiences
- Develop deep understanding of our high-level gameplay and scripting systems
- Provide scalable and re-usable solutions for a variety of gameplay problems
- Work with other engineers to review and evaluate script architecture and system designs
- Improve existing systems that aren't performing to required standard
- Investigate complex issues arising in the engine, underlying script
- Consider user impact features for designers and artists when designing low-level systems and features
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- C++ (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.