job summary: Our client in the Greater Madison Region is looking for a Technical Writer for a long term contract opportunity.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Technical Writer capabilities with 4+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Experience in Technical Writing and Documentation- 7 years
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Specific tasks we have identified for this position include:
1. Drafting member and health plan educational materials related to the Board's employer usage initiative;
2. Drafting informational materials on the Wisconsin Public Employers (WPE) to support the Board's initiative to improve the performance of the WPE;
3. Drafting improvements to the certificates of coverage to help members better understand their coverage;
4. Draft member educational materials to explain the implementation of Benefits Mentor;
5. Draft member educational materials to assist with member understanding of the new WebMD portal; and
6. Assist with drafting of materials for the Medicare member surveys.
This position will also help with drafting of routine materials such as the Group Insurance Board (GIB) Annual report, What's New following each GIB meeting, and the weekly all plan message.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Technical Writing (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.