Manages large and/or multiple projects with significant impact on business processes and technology used firm wide. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems and has extensive contact with internal clients and the business. Manages complex projects from proposal and requirements definition to project planning and implementation, using broad and extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts.
location: LOS ANGELES, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests by reviewing requirements and specifications and testing and by reviewing support and training plans to ensure they are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans and objectives.
- Provides a proactive interface between project stakeholders and senior management team to ensure complete and accurate definitions of business requirements and delivery of business applications.
- Identifies, defines and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables.
- Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans, including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules.
- Performs project risk assessments, including identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets
- Manages projects and teams, including applying established methodologies, using change control templates and processes; managing time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools; monitoring budgets; coordinating resource acquisition and utilization; serving as a liaison with internal customers and external suppliers; and communicating regularly with project stakeholders.
- Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards, including monitoring testing, executing quality assurance checks and ensuring information technology acceptance criteria is met prior to implementation.
9-12+ Years Experience -
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Commercial Lending, project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, applications development, and change management or combination of education, training and experience.
- PMP or equivalent certification highly preferred.
Knowledge of the following:
o Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards.
o Project selection and approvals; budgeting and business case preparation and analysis; and project initiation and planning, including work breakdown structures and forecasting.
o Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
o Information technology support and technical documentation.
o Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
o Business planning and analysis.
o Project budget interfaces with other accounting systems. COMPETENCIES:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships. Education:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or Finance / Economics degree
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management
- commercial lending (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.