Sr. Systems Analyst
Our client located in Jacksonville, FL has immediate openings for a highly motivated Sr. Systems Analyst
to join their dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will be full of enthuasim and drive. The client is open to 100% remote resources, with the ability to work EST hours. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.
location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
IT Systems Analysts collect and analyze information to formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions. Conducts feasibility studies to design possible technology solutions. Writes system and programming specifications so that when the system is implemented it will meet user needs. Provides input into cost estimations and project plans. Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions. Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives. Essential functions:
- Analyzes business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives.
- Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
- Prepares high level proposals that identify viable options to address the client's needs. Works with appropriate parties to gain approval of proposal and initiate work.
- Facilitates and/or partners with other IT staff to facilitate a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
- May determine the best-suited technology to meet the business requirements.
- Creates detailed program specifications from which a developer can code.
- Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents. Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
- Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
- Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
- Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
- Partner with BSA and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
- Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
- Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- May liaise with vendors as assigned.
- Prepares detailed test scenarios and assists in test execution for various system components.
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Understanding of typical architecture standards and ability to apply them in their design work
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of systems, subsystems, development methodologies, systems architecture, tools and processes that support the assigned business initiative or system.
- 5-8 years of Professional experience in an IT related field
- Experience with RestAPI
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Postgres
- Knowledge of Data Mapping and creating Data Mapping documents
- strong SQL data analyss and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree IT related field or additional related equivalent work experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Systems Analysis
- Rest API
- Data Mapping
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.