job summary: MUST HAVE: Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL , Abend-Aid, VSAM
tool - Abend-AId , Database - VSAM.
Server/ support for the store technology - Mainframe. Application Support and Application Maintenence - ITIL added bonus
As Analyst IT Operations, you will be involved in 24*7 L2/L1 Production Support in an onshore-offshore model and is assigned to receive, analyze and identify solutions for all types of priority production issues/tickets
location: Remote, Remote
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Must have atleast 3 years of experience in Production support/maintenance in an onshore-offshore model environment
- Must have and proven strong Analytical, positive attitude towards analyzing, recovery and fix an issue
- Must have 3 or more years of coding & troubleshooting experience with IBM Mainframe with the following Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, EZT ( CICS and REXX is a plus),
- 3 or more years with following tools: Expeditor, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, SCLM
- 3 or more years with the following databases: File- Physical Sequential, VSAM
- 3 or more years with the following utilities: DFSORT, ICETOOL
- Working experience in Control-M, IBM Tivoli, Systemware, Unix, Informatica, Oracle, SAP is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field is required.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas.
- Position will work closely with our vendor and internal technical partners
- Analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements to ensure SLA's are met.
- Must be a self-starter, quick self-learner/adapter of new/required technologies to meet the project requirements to support day-2-day support activities
- Ability to understand complex problems, identify root causes and remain goal-oriented within a dynamic environment
- Working experience in Retail/Pharmacy area is a plus
- Proven high performer, demonstrated by consistent high-performance reviews, exceptional customer service management
- Basic understanding of application development/architecture, change management, incident and problem management is a plus.
- Computer competency and literacy in Microsoft Windows applications especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook is a must.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization in person and over email is a plus.(Senior Leadership, Business Leadership, Technical resources, 3rd party vendors)
- Ability to work in shifts. Remote/work from Home with in U.S. boundaries.
- Visa sponsorship currently not available for this position.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- MAINFRAME PROGRAMMER
- PRODUCTION SUPPORT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.