job summary: Description: Summary:
- The main function of the Field Support Technician role is to provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- A typical Field Support Tech is responsible for assisting users and resolving computer problems for clients in person.
- Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one?s time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
location: Cleveland, Mississippi
job type: Contract
salary: $17.99 - 21.99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity. May install software or perform hardware testing at the users desk site.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employees desktops/laptops.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Desktop Support
- Field Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.