Our client, a major insurance organization in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, is in need of a Service Desk Analyst for their global team. They are interested in individuals who are looking to grow their career within their technology division. The ideal candidate will have exprience troubleshooting, breakfixing and a number of other technical support issues remote/telhonically .
location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for basic-to-intermediate PC software and/or hardware systems support, primarily via telephone with additional e-mail and self-service activities as needed. Requirements
- May require an associate degree or its equivalent of 2 or more years related professional experience
- Ability to follow well defined processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Visio)
and Acrobat Pro
- Technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stressful periods and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete assigned tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist team members with fluctuating workload
- Must be excellent in customer service delivery abilities
- 2 or more years of experience in the following technologies, not limited to but preferred: Call Center/Service Desk Practice; Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Cisco IP Phone Solutions; Printing Solutions
- Windows 7 proficiency
- Exudes professionalism when interacting with all levels of an organization
- Analyze data, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions
- Experience in IT operations and process management
- Ability to translate technical information into business language
- Knowledge and understanding of ticketing applications and workflow (Remedy preferred)
- Demonstrates abilities to troubleshoot and isolate problems between networks, hardware, and other applications
- Receive telephone calls from end users having problems using computer software and/or hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, hardware, or operating systems. Escalate all unresolved calls to higher support levels.
- Determines root cause and provides accurate, creative, and timely solutions to ensure end-user productivity. Provides a basic level of hardware troubleshooting, repair and installation on specified products to end-users.
- World Class customer service in all activities facing end users and team members
- Communicate effectively via documentation, telephone, and e-mail; and with customers and peers in varying roles.
- Diligently follows standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately logs all service desk contacts using the Incident Management tracking software
- Flexibility to backfill for peers when coverage is needed. Including holidays, weekends etc.
- Informs leadership, customer, and other service desk analysts of problems and progress. Participates in projects that enhance efficiency of end user services.
- Adapting to constantly changing call volume and remain productive during idle time
- Multitask during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Attends training sessions and assists in cross training in order to acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant software, hardware, product offerings and support policies at the PC Help Desk.
- Prioritization derived from end user and business scenarios
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively via documentation, telephone, and e-mail; and with customers and peers in varying roles. Good problem-solving skills and organizational skills; and an understanding of process.
- Reference, contribution, and submissions related to the service desk knowledgebase
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain various IT Network resources/devices for end users such as IP Cisco Phone, Verba Recording Software, and Aruba Remote Devices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- microsoft office
- 25 calls or more per day
- Active directory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.