Our client, a growing Financial Services firm, is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the team. This role is involved in evaluating and executing scheduling system patches, upgrades and changes. The Systems Administrator determines root cause of complex network and system problems. Responsibilities include: resolving escalated trouble tickets; performing server maintenance and updates, replacing hardware as needed; updating Operating Systems; performing PC imaging as required; assisting in maintenance calls relating to workstations, software and servers; trouble shooting and resolving server event logs and communication systems; participating in the implementation phase for projects; documenting and tracking model and serial numbers for inventory tracking; developing and maintain preventative maintenance checklists. This individual will also be responsible for managing the CMDB and monitoring systems.
- 4+ years of Microsoft Technologies experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server, enterprise backup, recovery procedures, system performance monitoring tools
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Agile Project Management techniques and methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Working knowledge of the Windows Operating System
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Effective problem solving skills
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 5.5
- Experience with Amazon workspaces
- Basic scripting/coding skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.