The R&D IT Project Manager will oversee the drug safety system upgrade statement of work project, which will work with the drug safety vendor as well as procurement teams to ensure that the statement of work as well as a defined business case for the drug safety system upgrade. The Project Manager has responsibility for the health and success of these projects within a matrixed organization with direct relationships with various groups in the business as well as IT.
This role requires the ability to:
- Monitor, manage, and ensure predictable delivery of projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Drive delivery and accountability of internal staff as well as vendors and third-party project managers.
Enable early identification and appropriate escalation of risks and issues that require assistance, attention, or executive resolution.
- Effectively communicate project status to leadership, verbally or in written form.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 5+ years project management experience, ideally including budget accountability
- 8+ years' experience as an IT professional
- Comfortable with both waterfall and Agile methodologies, and familiarity with tools including MS Project and JIRA
- Experience with regulated systems projects, including requirements gathering, planning, and execution within a highly structured framework, e.g., GxP
- Experience in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional meetings for nimble, fast-moving teams
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - particularly organizing and presenting project information to management
- Capable of working well under pressure; highly organized
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects
- Capable of working independently
- Experience working with third party vendor management
- A background in Life Sciences projects, with validated projects or projects involving clinical data a plus
- The following domain expertise is a plus:
o Drug Safety
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.