job summary: JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for leading, delivering and are accountable for the successful completion of complex, multi-disciplinary projects and initiatives within and across a business unit and project portfolio. Projects are usually cross functional in nature and require collaboration across all the major functional elements related to project delivery, launch and release. Project Managers are responsible for managing the end-to-end project lifecycle from Initiation through Project Closure.. This includes leading, managing overall schedules, securing necessary resources, risk management planning, project and schedule interdependencies and clearly communicating them to key stakeholders at all levels. Project Managers are responsible for making sure the strategic objectives are aligned between the corporate level and the Business Unit level.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Create, Maintain and Implement Program/Project Communication plans:
- Develop, maintain and manage an up-to-date view into the activities of the project to include, but not limited to: open/closed items, Risks, Assumptions, Dependencies, etc...
- Reporting on status of Time, Budget, Scope w/reference to 'Plan v FCST'.
- Manage Risk: Identification, Prioritization, and Mitigation planning & assignment of ownership of risks determined by the team. This will be reviewed periodically throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Master's
- Certifications: (PMP) and/or CSM
- Desired certifications:CSM, ACP, 6-SIGMA, PgMP, ITIL
- Knowledge in PMBOK, PRINCE2, SCRUM, Hybrid Waterfall, Waterfall, Six Sigma, ITIL, LEAN, Kanban
- IT Hardware / Software background
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management
- IT Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.