Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced Application Engineer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. This position is responsible for the delivery and operations of critical Positive Train Control (PTC) Linux and Windows-based distributed infrastructure and system applications environment. It supports the development, configuration, and implementation of key PTC applications including ITC Messaging and Systems Management Gateway and applications which use these applications. Requirements:
- Solid understanding to install and debug RHEL 6 or above that includes clustering, high availability design, imaging, storage and network administration, performance monitoring and tuning, IPtables, SELinux and scripting, multi VLAN, RF, Cell
- 5+ years of maintaining queueing systems like Qpid, RabbitMQ in a development environment
location: KANSAS CITY, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Configures, installs and supports various PTC equipment components from different vendors in various testing environments. Includes both back office data center components as well as remote installations at waysides.
- Configures configuration of remote wayside devices in the field, including network setup and test.
- Determines field deployment and configuration procedures for devices (procedures, install guides, etc.).
- Provides Field validation support for configuration and communication of devices.
- Provides Technical Support for Lab Setup and Support (Shreveport, KC, etc.).
- Works closely with Data Center Services and Communications to coordinate IT services for PTC environment.
- Provides development support to both internal and external development teams with connectivity and access to virtual and physical devices for the different types of equipment.
- Collaborates with the systems administration team and Database Administrators to deploy systems and solutions.
- Solid understanding to install and debug RHEL 6 or above that includes clustering, high availability design, imaging, storage and network administration, performance monitoring and tuning, IPtables, SELinux and scripting, multi VLAN, RF, Cell,
- Trace and troubleshoot communication and data issues in RHEL and Windows environments
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- RHEL (5 years of experience is required)
- Familiarity with ELK
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.