job summary: Description:
The data science consultant will support the growing analytics needs of the company. This position is responsible
for business consulting activities for internal business customers within various Client business units as the primary interface and as a liaison to Information Technology in order to
- Serve as an expert in translating complex data into key strategy insights and valuable actions.
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels.
- Develop and test heuristics
- Create, train, test, run and refine models
- Perform data exploration and data mining
- Create business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
- Partner with Business Clients, establish professional relationship, and communicate with analytics clients in order to understand business needs. Employees in this role will also
- Conduct statistical modeling and experiment design.
- Develop, test, validate and refine predictive models to optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, operational effectiveness, marketing success and other business outcomes.
- Build web prototypes and performs data visualization.
- Conduct scalable data research on and off the cloud.
- Identify unique opportunities to collect new data.
- Design new processes and build large, complex data sets.
- Strategize new uses for data and its interaction with data design.
- Locate new data sources, analyze statistics and implement quality procedures.
- Perform data studies of new and diverse data sources.
- Find new uses for existing data sources.
- Implement automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
- Design, modify and build new data processes.
- Generate algorithms and create computer models.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55.64 - 65.64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Frame Problems with Stakeholder, research and construct problem frames in order to understand the analysis context and scope that will provide timely, useful results.
- Work in Project Teams and participate in multidisciplinary analytics project teams. Interview Subject Matter Experts, plan and conduct individual interviews with experts to gain valid information and data needed for analysis.
- Elicit Information from Groups, plan and conduct group elicitation sessions with working groups to develop and assess alternatives, uncertainties, and value and risk preferences.
- Communicate Results to Decision Makers, explain the Results and conclusions of the analytics process in both written and oral presentation formats.
- Create recommendations that are practical, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Data mining
- computer models
- Data Science
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.