job summary: Description:
Client is seeking a Senior Paralegal to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division in Washington, DC. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we're equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the "smoking gun" evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools. Basic Qualifications:
- Requires paralegal certificate or JD.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very extremely helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 23 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal. Work products are reviewed prior to submission; however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines. Performs moderately complex legal research; synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation; writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence. Conducts database reviews in Relativity (including coding/ redacting/ saved searches / mass tagging); generate privilege logs; generates productions; communicates with opposing counsel; burns productions to disc or uploads to encrypted box account; generates witness binders; support onsite trial; interviewing aggrieved persons.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.